Those who have chosen the freelance route agree that there is a learning curve when transitioning from employee to boss.
One aspect that many don’t consider is the importance of marketing themselves and their brand.
YOU are now YOUR company’s marketing, advertising and sales team. Independent by Flight Centre, like most host agencies, provides our contractors with an email and website, but advisors have the freedom to create and manage their own social media channels to help promote their business of travel.
This month, IFC launched its new iReach marketing platform, giving our independent contractors access to a variety of tools such as email templates, social media materials, trending destinations, vendor spotlights, the ability to schedule promotions on their social platform and more.
Our advisors have access to marketing promotions offered by Flight Center Travel Group (FCTG) such as our current Black Friday offers and iReach gives them the ability to personalize and share them directly with their individual customers.
‘THE RULE OF THIRDS’ AND FREE APPS
When creating posts, it is advisable to follow the rule of thirds: 1/3 of posts promoting services/products, 1/3 of posts interacting with the audience (polls, questions, etc.) and 1 /3 publications sharing industry news. or tips that can benefit customers.
Although actively recruiting new clients and building a volume of business can seem daunting at first, IFC can help.
Here are some free apps easily accessible on mobile devices that can help you market like a pro!
1. Meta Business Suite – When you set up a Facebook or Instagram business page, you get access to Meta Business Suite which allows you to schedule posts and review analytics to see which posts are performing well. If you have allocated a marketing budget, you can also use the ability to boost posts and create ad campaigns here for a relatively low investment.
2. Buffer & Later – These both have free options, and a paid subscription gives you access to more tools. Both of these apps allow you to schedule posts to a variety of social media apps for scheduling purposes.
3. Canva – Canva’s free plan provides access to a wide variety of templates for everything from social media posts and flyers to videos and PowerPoint presentations. All can be customized to reflect your brand colors, customize them. It provides several different tools to create a unique template for your business.
4. Unfold – Offers a diverse collection of photo and video templates for you to elevate your stories and reels.
5. Adobe Lightroom – Offers free and paid options for editing photos and loading purchased photo presets that you can apply to your travel images.
6. Inshot & Capcut – Both are popular video editing tools that allow you to add effects, fonts and music to your images. They have options that range from flipping an image to adjusting the speed of a video. It also allows reverse video playback, allowing you to create unique and eye-catching content.
7. Unsplash, Pixel, Nappy, Flickr and Canva – All of them offer creative high resolution and quality images related to travel.
8. Giphy – Lets you create fun travel-related GIFs that you can use to connect with your customers.
9. Bitly – Allows you to shorten web links and track the corresponding click-through rate so you can see if the information you share engages your audience. The paid version allows you to create a personalized link with your brand.
10. YouTube – Many advisors have found this platform to be a great tool in their marketing arsenal by uploading videos where they offer travel updates, reviews, and current trends to their clients. The best part is that it can be shared on a variety of mediums.
Most of these tools, such as Canva and Buffer & Later, offer free tutorials.
For others, check out number 10 on our list! You’ll find loads of resources and tips for Capcut, Lightroom and more on YouTube if you’re just getting started. When it comes to marketing and social media, the most important thing is to be consistent and not be afraid to try something new.
BUSINESS1 month ago
Westerham-based financial planning company buys first firm
FINANCE1 month ago
ESFA Update further education: 19 October 2022
AUTO MOBILE1 month ago
Chicago Drives Electric event in Oakbrook Terrace showcases latest EVs, with cars from Chevy, Ford, Volkswagen and more
WORLD1 month ago
Costco is selling ‘world’s largest’ jigsaw puzzle at 29 feet
HEALTH1 month ago
Vergeire not offered DOH chief post, admits reservations